We all go a little mad sometimes.
Planning a dinner party or some other kind of soirée at your home? Our recent national survey of 605 men and women, ages 25-54, reveals that you may want to prepare yourself for some rather rascally party behavior. Read on to see what we mean.
Of the men and women from across the country who were surveyed, a whopping 40 percent admitted that they have snooped in a party host’s medicine chest, cabinet, or drawer while attending a party in their home. One in 100 people acknowledged they have even stolen something from a party host’s home (gasp).
Seven percent of the men and two percent of the women surveyed acknowledged making a pass at someone else’s spouse while at a party, and 14 percent of revelers admitted to getting frisky with a date in the host’s bathroom or elsewhere.
Other Rascally Party Behavior
- 64 percent said they don’t send a post-party thank-you note or email to the host.
- 40 percent admitted to drinking too much at a party and acting “regrettably.”
- 29 percent acknowledged ignoring the request to RSVP and showing up at the party anyway.
- 23 percent said they’ve spilled red wine in a party host’s home.
- 17 percent fessed up to breaking something while attending a party at someone’s home.
Bonne soirée, friends, and prep those powder rooms!
Conducted by an independent national market research firm, this Party Poll has a margin of error of plus or minus five percent.
Party Poll Story Welcome Mashup
Welcome photo: Doris Day
Welcome quote: Psycho (1960)