Gorgeous Lupita Nyong’o may not have won a Tony Award on Sunday night, but she certainly looked tony in a bespoke, hand-embroidered, off-the-shoulder gown designed by Jason Wu for Boss. Featuring a shoulder-to-toe pattern of white, gold, rose, navy, and turquoise sequins, the sleek frock was as dazzling as the bright lights of Broadway.
Fret not, Lupita, about that little Tony Award. By proving how surprisingly chic summertime sequins can be, you’ve won our Sally Award for donning one of the year’s most refreshing party looks. Inspired? Here are our picks for the 10 best ways to add some fashion spangle to your next summer soirée.
1. Tibi Sequined Camisole
2. Oscar de la Renta Sequined Gown
3. Aquazzura Disco Ball Sandal
4. Roberto Cavalli Sequined Halterneck Dress
5. Lanvin Sequined Tee
6. Alice + Olivia Cropped Sequined Tee
7. Alexander McQueen Sequined Party Clutch
8. Dress The Population Sequined Midi Dress
9. Eugenia Kim Sequined Sun Hat
10. J. Crew Sequined Flat
Photo sources: Getty, Vogue